We are extremely proud of our ever-expanding departments and programs. Since HopeCore’s start in 2001, we have come a long way and are determined to continue growing to serve more people in Chogoria and the surrounding communities.
All data and statistics provided below each impact statement are from the January-December 2014 time period. Click on each impact statement to learn more about that specific program.
– 160 school-based mobile health clinics were conducted
– 3,315 pupils and 316 teachers were treated
– 5,225 pupils were dewormed
– 32,455 pupils received health education– 319 monitoring & evaluation visits were conducted
– Over 70% of all schools had no issues with the condition of their water tanks, provision of soap, and/or water shortage problems
– Community-based Youth Peer Providers (YPPs) visited each school’s health club twice per month to discuss sexual and reproductive health & family planning topics
– 984 youths attended youth outreach events
– 1128 youths visited the HopeCore Youth CenterHopeCore’s public health staff attended each microenterprise business training to deliver health services and education to loan clients.– 4086 pupils received anti-malarial mosquito bed nets
– 2,856 pupils and 600 parents were educated on malaria prevention
– 1,203 mosquito nets were monitored for proper hanging and use during home visits